Introduction to Christian Education (Online)
EL1515 Online, Luther Seminary, Fall 2011
- Personal/Group Learning
You’ve reached an archived website for an older version of EL1515 online. This class is now offered solely through MyLutherNet at Luther Seminary. I’ve left the old version up, however, as students have asked me to do so. You’re welcome to draw on this site in any way you find useful! But if you’re a current student at Luther taking this class, please remember that the course’s most recent materials are in MyLutherNet.
A brief introduction to supporting learning communities in Christian contexts.
Here are the required texts we’ve used:
And then one that you choose from this list:
- Fashion Me a People, Maria Harris
- The Church as Learning Community, Norma Cook Everist
- Teaching the Faith: Forming the Faithful, Parrett, Kang and Packer
- Teaching Cross Culturally, Lingenfelter and Lingenfelter
- Teaching as a Sacramental Act, Mary Elizabeth Moore
- Soul Stories, Anne Wimberly
And another book that you choose from this list:
We’ve also used the following:
- A Time for Burning (film, available at NetFlix, Amazon.com and in the library)
- “Grilled Cheezus” (an episode of the TV show Glee, available through iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Instant video, Amazon DVD, and other sources)
As this is the first EL course in the MDiv sequence, students begin to develop a portfolio using the educational leadership competencies I use to evaluate that portfolio.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.