New Media and Faith
New Media in Faith Education
EL4535, Luther Seminary, Fall 2017
This webpage serves as an adjunct resource for a course which will take place at Luther Seminary during the fall of 2017.
Media culture, biblical narratives, faith formation, blogs, wikis, video, podcasts — what more could you ask for?
Here is a basic syllabus, but it is subject to change based on the students in the class and their specific contexts and vocations.
Class presentation slides (I’ll put these here as they become available)
Useful resources that we may draw on include
- My HeinFry 2010 lecture
- RSS in Plain English
- Twitter in Plain English
- Wikis in Plain English
- Social Networking in Plain English
- Social media in Plain English
- Bibliography of social networking research
- Henry Jenkins’ media literacy in the 21st century
- Empowering parents, Protecting children
- Pew Research
- Digital Youth Research
- MacArthur Research
- An Anthropological introduction to YouTube
- Information revolution
- Social media revolution
- Canonization of the Bible
- We first intro
- “The internet is my religion”
- Medieval help desk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.