Proactive Ministry in a Media Culture
- Provide an intellectual and experiential context in which the encounter with God in the midst of mass mediated popular cultural practices is respected, honored, and critically engaged.
- Provide conceptual and experiential connections between the emerging scholarly discourse at the intersection of “media, religion, and culture” and theologies that take culture seriously.
- Practice the art of lifelong learning by formulating and pursuing learning goals, and finding resources for learning and peers with whom to learn.
- Learn basic production skills in a variety of media, and practice public articulation of faith in the process.
- Locate and explore denominational, ecumenical, and interfaith resources and programs for engaging media in communities of faith.
- Practice speaking faith in the wider public sphere.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.