Here we are in Advent again. I am reminded that not everyone lives in the liturgical calendar, so just know that Advent is the season of anticipation and preparation for the birth of Jesus. It’s marked by the four Sundays prior to Christmas — a longer season this year, since Christmas is itself a Sunday!
Here are some of my favorite resources:
- Imagine Peace (a booklet full of songs and prayers and readings from the World Council of Churches)
- Revised lyrics to O come, o come Emmanuel (thank you to the Boston College Center on Jewish Christian learning)
- A brief video explaining Advent
- A brief video offering an “Advent conspiracy” resisting consumerism
- A sermon I offered in Chapel at Luther on Psalm 72 and Advent
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.