I support LBGTQ rights (especially marriage)
And we shouldn’t be surprised that other Catholics do, too! Here’s an interesting blog post pointing out five reasons why:
- (1) Catholics have an underlying commitment to social justice built upon a prominent liberal notion that we are meant to serve each other and pay attention to those who suffer most within our society
- (2) Catholics love ritual
- (3) Catholics believe in both individuality and community (think "personalism")
- (4) Catholics are highly skeptical of the sexual teaching of their Church
- (5) The pedophilia crisis undermines any teaching which denies LGBT rights (and please note: most pedophiles are heterosexual)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.