This morning I woke up in MN to the latest killing of a Black person by a police officer — mere blocks from the seminary where I teach. This time it was Philando Castile, shot in his car in front of his girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter. Words fail.
As before, I will try to post useful pieces at this blog. In the meantime, here are a few to begin with:
- a litany for those who aren't ready for healing
- Campaign Zero (ten point platform for ending police violence)
- MN ACLU Mobile Justice app (to make documentation easier)
- Presiding Bishop of the ELCA, Eizabeth Eaton's, statement
- Stated Clerk of the PCUSA, J. Herbert Nelson II's statement
- Statement from the St. Paul Public Schools (where Philando worked)
- Statement from Lutherans of African Descent
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.