Rally to restore the church’s sanity
I love this! A young blogger at the National Catholic Reporter (NCR) solicits from her friends the signs they would carry, were they to attend a “rally to restore the Catholic church’s sanity.” Here are just a few of the responses:
- I disagree with you, but I do not think you are a heretic!
- Catholics United for Better Wine at Mass
- I like to go to Latin Mass with my same-sex partner.
- Jesus was an immigrant.
- I admire your attempts to follow the Gospel, even if I find them misguided.
- I go to Mass on Sundays, and I vote on Tuesdays.
- Jesus was on the margins of his society. Where is our Church?
- The Catholic Church: Keeping fear and/or guilt alive for over 2000 years.
- Christ our hope, Benedict our pope.
- Nuns rock!
- St. Joesph has been buried in my backyard for a while. Will someone please buy my house?
- Really? That's what you think Jesus would do?
- Vote for Pedro for Pope.
- Pews could really be more comfortable.
- Cyber stoning is just as bad.
Her longer column is right on the mark!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.