Hartford Seminary findings
- The location of a congregation is less important today than 20 years ago
- Helping church members develop relationships with one another is critical. Small groups are an effective means.
- Contemporary worship attracts new members more than traditional forms
- Social justice work is critical to drawing new church members
- Church websites are critical. (Potential members are more likely to check out a congregation first through its website than take the time to visit a worship service.)
I'm going to need to read the report at more length to discern how strong these conclusions are, but the last two in particular excite me!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.