Charter for Compassion
I can’t figure out how to embed this video — I’m sure someone can help? — but take a few moments to go to the website and watch this call for people of religious faith to participate in a “charter for compassion” which is an attempt to work towards compassion FROM WITHIN their particular faith OUTWARD in and for the sake of the world. As the organization points out:
The Charter for Compassion does NOT assume:
- all religions are the same
- compassion is the only thing that matters in religion
- religious people have a monopoly on compassion
The Charter DOES affirm that:
- compassion is celebrated in all major religious, spiritual and ethical traditions
- the Golden Rule is our prime duty and cannot be limited to our own political, religious or ethnic group
- therefore, in our divided world, compassion can build common ground
I think this is a movement that is walking on an inter-faith path that holds enormous promise.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.