This is an example of what we could provide to support students and faculty in the portfolio process. Right now it is simply a place to gather materials.
Please note that this page exists only to archive previous conversations. Luther Seminary has revised or thrown out many of these documents. For the most recent documents please see MyLutherNet.
New curriculum documents
- May 2013 version of the PRCR
- Brief handout
- Notes on the portfolio process to date
- Pedagogy thought piece
Support for students
Self assessment worksheets for the various degree programs (includes program outcomes and competencies)
Portfolio review materials (these are drafts, not yet finalized)
(These examples were developed as a way to demonstrate what a reflection might look like. They are based on the MDIV program outcomes and mediating competencies, and use this artifact as evidence.)
- Accomplished program outcome reflection
- Growing edge program outcome reflection
- Naive program outcome reflection
Other useful links
- Learning better together
- Adult learning and the generation of knowledge
- The Buck Institute of Education’s list of articles
- A new culture of learning
- Mary’s “reflectivity matrix” from Revitalizing Practice
Videos and other pithy introductions to new paradigms of learning
- Changing educational paradigms (Ken Robinson) (11:41)
- Robinson TED talk (20:04)
- Lawrence Lessig TED talk (19:07)
- Social media revolution(2:35)
- Learning to change, changing to learn (5:37)
- Common Craft explanation of PBL (3:50)
- What is PBL?
- An anthropological introduction to YouTube (55:34)
- We are the people film
- Liz Coleman on reinventing liberal education (TED talk)
- Geoff Mulgan on studio schools(TED talk) (6:16)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.